In the second term, we had a chance to make our own contact microphone to record audio with. This was my first attempt, so I was expecting it to be quite delicate and maybe a temporary recording device, compared to the telephone contact mics that are built more stronger.
It was a frustrating process at first, as I’ve never used soldering iron before. Stripping the cable wires at both ends with wire strippers and silvering the open, naked wires so it can be attached correctly to the buzzer element (Centre, side).
Separating the female mono jack, taken it apart to silver the inside of the jack was challenging task to do also. I soldered the open wires following the right procedures, whilst using heat strings to protect the little wires connecting to the cables with silvering. The finished element working perfectly on a amp equalizer, which I can now record with straight away. There are steps to making your own, which you can access easily online, but here is one I made earlier. Blue Peter style. 😉